Monday, October 19, 2015

What's the Matter With Anger?

Since this is my blog, I'd like to use this post to discuss how I REALLY feel about anger. Instead of trying to find a remedy for it, I'd like to ask: What's wrong with it in the first place? I lose my temper, and then I'm me again. I didn't kill anyone, I didn't even hit anyone, so why do so many people tend to avoid me or drop away completely when I get angry?

They don't do that when I cry. They don't do that when I sulk. So what is it that makes us repel with anger? Why do we judge it so harshly? Is it conditioning from our childhood? Were we punished more harshly when we responded in this way?

I'd like to make anger acceptable. Especially in women. It seems to me that a man is defined as strong or assertive when angered and a woman is called one word: Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Website

Visit Stephanie's website for more information like this: Work-Stress-Solutions.Com